Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Paragon Learning Inventory

Is this me?  I’m not too sure.  I don’t think this will be how others perceive me.  Maybe it’s me deep down.
I came out as an introvert, intuitive, thinker, perceiver (INTP).
The summary statement said: 
Quiet and reserved.
Especially enjoy theoretical or scientific pursuits.
Like solving problems with logic and analysis.
Usually interested mainly ideas, with little liking for parties or small talk.
Tend to have sharply defined interests.
Need careers where some strong interests can be uses or useful. 
Did I not think about or listen to the question well enough?  Did I make lazy choices?  If I’m not sure, I’ll just put ‘B’.  
Having done things such as this before, I think the main thing for me is to reflect on myself.  It’s not about the answer, but more on the process of being lead to look inward from different perspectives.  Sometimes it can be challenging reflecting on practice and purpose.  It’s also interesting to think of the pressure we can put on ourselves because we are concerned with how we think others need to see us.  
The ‘this is me in my job, and what I need to show to you’ compared with the ‘this is how I’m really feeling and what I think’.  The screens we put up, and the mirrors we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment